Best Automatic Cars- Automatic transmissions are becoming the new standard, making way through its critique. While the majority of cars running on Indian roads are fitted with a manual gearbox, there is a linear rise in the number of automatic cars. This is especially the case in all of the metro cities. Here in this article, we will talk about the best automatic cars in India.
List Of The Best Automatic Cars In India
1- MG Hector
- The slickest automatic transmission in this list is the Chinese-owned British brand. A 1.5-liter turbo petrol engine powers the MG Hector.
- This engine is capable of producing a peak power of 140bhp with a max torque of 250Nm. Also, this 4-cylinder engine is coupled with a 7-speed DCT transmission that provides smooth shifts on the highway and in the area.
- This car is considered one of the best automatic cars.
2- Mahindra Thar
- Mahindra Thar is the latest vehicle to debut in the Indian automotive industry. With a few transmission choices to choose from, this off-roader gets a couple of engine options.
- The Thar is powered by petrol and a diesel engine, both of which have the option of an automatic transmission with a torque converter.
- While the most powerful engine in its class is the 2.0-liter turbo petrol engine.
3- Toyota Yaris
- It’s a surprise that one of the best CVT transmissions produced by Toyota is among the top automotive brands. And for now, the Toyota Yaris is the only CVT sedan that comes with the brand.
- Yaris is the sedan that is a jack of all trades, but in anything particular, it does not excel.
- A 1.5-liter naturally aspirated petrol engine generating 107bhp and 140Nm of peak torque is powering this sleek sedan.
- A CVT gearbox with excellent fuel efficiency is the transfer of power from the engine to the front wheels.
4- Hyundai Creta
- There is no doubt that SUVs are the best-selling new vehicles on the planet as a whole. Hyundai Creta is ‘THE’ best-selling compact SUV, talking about the Indian market.
- Well, the plethora of engine and transmission options is one of the reasons for this.
- Creta comes with 3 automatic transmissions, moreover.
- From the DCT lightning-rapid to the IVT fuel-efficient. In its portfolio, Hyundai Creta also has a torque converter and there is a perfect combination of all these transmissions with their respective engines.
5- Honda City
- CVT is the transmission that is known for its excellent output and is much better than a manual transmission. And, this performance marvel still boasts the latest 5th Gen Area.
- A better and more powerful 1.5-liter 4 cylinder naturally aspirated petrol engine, but with a DOHC configuration, is available for the new Honda City.
- This Honda c-segment sedan does as it says on the brochure, indeed, on city roads, it drives well.
- This is one of the vehicles to go for in this category combined with the CVT automatic transmission.
6- Volkswagen Vento
- The engine and transmission of the German brand Volkswagen were shared between the Polo and the Vento.
- Both vehicles come with a 1.0-liter 3-cylinder TSI petrol engine churning 110ps of maximum power and 175Nm of supreme torque in the new update.
- The DSG that the manufacturer skipped was the transmission that we are after. Instead, both Volkswagen vehicles get a new automatic transmission with a torque converter.
- This is a kind of effortless transmission, too, so there’s nothing to worry about.
7- Ford Ecosport
- The super-underrated lightweight SUV is the Ford Ecosport. Well, one should not forget that Ecosport is one of the first in its segment and that the sub-4m SUV trend has begun.
- Holding that aside, one of the most powerful petrol engines in the sector is powered by Ford Ecosport and is undoubtedly amongst the best automatic cars.
- A 1.5-liter 3 cylinder naturally aspirated petrol engine powering 123ps of max power and 150Nm of peak torque is powering the Ecosport.
- It is a 6-speed torque converter with this motor, which brings the power down on the track.
8- KIA Sonet
- Korean carmaker Kia offers different engine options in their cars, and this one is just one of their best. From a naturally aspirated fuel to a turbo-petrol engine and from a manual 6-speed gearbox to a 7-speed DCT.
- So, with a 1.0-liter turbo petrol engine, the most affordable Kia boasts a DCT, a torque converter with a diesel engine.
- Kia Sonet also gets an EMT or a manual clutchless transmission that is among the first in the market.
- Besides, Sonet is filled with features and has many luxury features, such as cooled chairs, air purifiers,s, and perfume dispensers.
9- Maruti Suzuki Baleno
- The Baleno is the luxury hatchback from Maruti Suzuki using one of the mature automatic transmissions.
- Speaking of which, in this hatch, a refined engine with decent power comes mated to a CVT automatic gearbox. Because of this powerful transmission, driving in the city is butter-smooth and it is decent to cruise on the highway.
- The fuel economy is also the USP of transmission. It will give better mileage than a manual transmission if driven with care.
- A 1.2-liter naturally aspirated engine powers the Baleno, speaking about the middle.
10- Hyundai Santro
- Starting with the Hyundai Santro, the unexpected vehicle that will be on the list. This is one of the vehicles one can buy from VFM. To start with, the Santro is the only car with a 4-cylinder engine in its segment.
- This entry-level hatch also provides a seamless, vibe-free driving experience.
- A 1.1-liter naturally aspirated engine powers the cute hatch, coming to the technical bit.
- The engine generates max power of 69ps and the peak torque output stands at a decent 99Nm.
- The engine comes with a 5-speed AMT gearbox, perfect for driving in the city.
The car is a question of preference. Every individual has his or her preferences. You have lots of options today, including hatchbacks, sedans, SUVs, and so on. The vehicles come with sophisticated equipment such as ABS, EBD, airbags, infotainment touchscreen systems, automatic climate control, and many more.
So, whether you opt for a manual car or an automatic car, it depends on you. However, if you wish to use an automatic car, this article might be of some help to you, considering that I have mentioned some of the best automatic cars in the country.