The Volvo, Swedish luxury carmaker will be launching its first-ever electric car Volvo XC40 recharge in India in October 2021 and will start looking for it in July 2021. The XC40 recharge is not a completely born electric car but it is an internal combustion engine car that has been turned into an electric car.
Volvo XC40 Recharge Design And Performance
The new upcoming Volvo XC40 recharge is the second premium electric car. The XC40 recharge has claimed a driving cycle of 418 kilometers as per European test cycles the new electric SUV does range from 0-100 kmph in 4.9 seconds and has permanent AWD attached to it.
The new XC40 recharge gets twin motors on the axes and has a combined output of 408 horsepowers and 660 NM. The 78 kWh battery takes 120 minutes to 80 % on a 50kW fast-charger system. Moreover, The electric SUV has dimensions of 4,425 mm X 1,873 mm X 1,652 mm and has a wheelbase and kerbs a weight of 2,702 mm and 2,188 kg respectively. The Volvo has a ground clearance of 176 mm.
The petrol counterpart XC40 T4 R-Design
Volvo XC40 Recharge Interior
The upgraded and elevating seating position in the new XC40 gives you a good and clear angular view of the road ahead, which is helped further by relatively slim windscreen pillars. The Volvo electric car gets large door mirrors, so you can see clearly what’s going beside, and an auto-dimming rear-view mirror is standard.
Bright, automatic LED headlights are included too which provide clear vision at night, and make easy work of night-time driving. They also include an auto high-beam function, but the XC40 Recharge isn’t available with the fully adaptive Matrix LED headlights that many other cars offer; these deliver high beam visibility at all times without dazzling oncoming traffic.
Furthermore, Rear parking sensors are standard, but you have to go for the mid-spec Plus trim variant to get front and rear parking sensors with a rear-view camera. The top-spec Pro model gets a 360-degree camera, which gives you a very premium bird’s eye view of the car when you’re parking.
- 2-Zone Electronic Climate Control with Rear Air Vents, ‘CleanZone’ Air Quality System, and Pollen Filter
- Front Tunnel Pocket and Integrated Waste Bin
- Front and Rear Power Windows
- 12.3″ Progressive Driver Display
- Force Operated Tailgate
- Front Load Compartment (31 liters)
- Multicolour Theater Lights, Front and Rear Reading and Courtesy Lights, Front Footwell, Door Pocket and
- Cupholder Lights, Instrument Panel Lighting,
- Glovebox Compartment Light, Luggage, and Tailgate Lights
- Sports Pedals
- Enlightened Vanity Mirrors with Ticket Holder
- Shiny Black Center Tunnel and Center Screen Surround Deco
- Adaptable Load Floor with Grocery Bag Holder
- Glovebox Bag Hook
- A-Pillar Parking Ticket Holder
- Re-energize Tread Plates – Front
- Underfloor Cargo Storage
- 12v Socket – Front Tunnel Console and Cargo Compartment
- Burden Protection Net
- Back Clothes Hook
- Mid control area Cupholders and Storage
Volvo XC40 Recharge Safety
The XC40 received the top five-star safety rating from EURO NCAP earning high scores across the board. Although the Recharge Pure Electric hasn’t been tested separately (and won’t be), Volvo claims it will be as safe as any other XC40.
Hence every variant gets an automatic emergency braking system that not only recognizes other cars but also cyclists, pedestrians, and large animals. Traffic sign recognition and Oncoming Lane Mitigation, which can intervene if you inadvertently cross the road’s centerline and into the path of oncoming traffic, are also included.
- Approaching Lane Mitigation
- Run-rough terrain Mitigation
- Run-rough terrain Protection
- Tricky Road and Hazard Light Alert
- Speed Limiter
- Driver Alert Control with Lane Keeping Aid
- Street Sign Information Display
- Double Stage Driver and Passenger Airbags
- Traveler Airbag Cut-off Switch
- Driver Knee Airbag
- Tastes (Side Impact Protection System)
- Tastes Airbags (Front Seats)
- IC (Inflatable Curtains) – Full Length
- WHIPS (Whiplash Protection System)(Front Seats)
- Safety belt Reminder and Pretensioners (Front and Outer Rear Seats)
- Vehicle Deceleration Control (incorporates Anti-lock Brake System, Electronic Brake Distribution and Emergency Brake Assist)
- Soundness and Traction Control (incorporates Spin Control and Corner Traction Control)
- ISOFIX Attachment (Front Passenger and Rear Outer Seats)
- Against robbery Alarm including Immobilizer, Volume Sensor and Level Sensor
- 1 x Key Integrated Remote Control Central Locking incorporating Fuel Flap with Deadlocking System and Auto
- Open/Close Power Windows (and Sunroof whenever requested)
- 1 x Care Key with User-Defined Top Speed
- Private Locking for Tailgate
- Force Child Locks – Rear Doors
- Apparent VIN Plate
- Programmed Headlight Leveling System
- Home Safe and Approach Lighting
- Autodimming Interior Mirror
- Medical aid Kit
Volvo XC40 Recharge Colors
Volvo XC40 Recharge Specifications
Engine Twin AWD
Max. output ECE, hp/kW/rpm 408/300/4350-13900
Max. torque ECE, Nm/rpm 660/0-4350
Emission level Euro 6d
Acceleration 0–60 mph, sec 4.7
0–62 mph (0–100 km/h), sec 4.9
Running order, kg 2,188
Max. total weight, kg 2,650
Max. towing weight braked, kg 1,500
Max. towing weight unbraked, kg 1) 750
Max. payload, kg (dependent on spec.) 462
Max. towball weight/roof load, kg 100/75
1) Unbraked towing weight must not exceed 50% of kerb weight up to a maximum of 750kg.
Volume to roof – 2 seat / 5 seat, litres 1,328 / 578
Max. cargo height, mm 746
Max. cargo width between wheelhouses, mm 1,004
Max. interior load length – 2 seat / 5 seat, mm 1,670 / 887
Width with extended / folded exterior mirrors, mm 2,034 / 1,910
Height, mm 1,651
Track front / rear, mm 1,601 / 1,615
Turning circle (kerb to kerb / wall to wall), m 11.4 / 11.8
Max. headroom front / rear, mm 991 / 994
Max. legroom front / rear, mm 1,040 / 917
Max. shoulder room front / rear, mm 1,440 / 1,429
Wading depth, mm 450
Approach / departure / breakover angles, degrees 20 / 26.6 / 16.2
Electric Range, miles (km) 256.0 – 259.1 (412 – 417)
FAQs Of Volvo XC40 Recharge
What is the Expected Price of Volvo XC40 Recharge?
What is the Estimated Launch date of the Volvo XC40 Recharge?
What are the Expected Key Specifications of Volvo XC40 Recharge?
Mentioned above was an article of the most awaited car launching this year by VOLVO. The features and specifications of the future model of VOLVO XC40 recharge 2021 provide an insight into the car that will be launched soon in India.
So, in brief, this new XC40 has been blessed with astounding features that make it remarkable in its ways. This car has been loaded with many impressive dimensions and specifications. However, there are several new upcoming cars in India you can always check whichever is most favorable before making a purchase.